Monday, July 23, 2007

Diva Cup

I'm going to copy and paste this from my own personal blog. I'm really exhausted from my period. I spent the whole day clutching at my stomach and rolling around. Not to mention, a new symptom had decided to join my painful cramps and aching back. Now nausea is in the list. If this keeps going on, I may have to start using birth control. Something that I am totally against but this pain is quite debilitating.

So here it is:

Menstrual cups are the best things ever invented!

Ever since I got tired of using tampons and pads, I’ve been looking at other altnernatives. Pads feel like a diaper and tempons, I’m pretty sure, is the cause of pain down there. I mean it really hurts, especially during sex that I need to take a break for at least ten minutes so I can keep going. So I stumbled upon the DivaCup. The DivaCup is a menstrual cup that collects the blood that you take out after a number of hours. It doesn’t mess with the natural PH of your vagina and doesn’t have to be changed as frequently as a tampon. My period even shortened a day as a result!

I just wished I didn’t lose my first one but I got my replacement ready for my next period. I felt cruddy that I had to use tampons in my last cycle. Let me tell you, did my stomach hurt again.

I just wished people didn’t get so grossed out by this. I love knowing my cycles are regular and I am as nature intended me to be. A period is natural and not meant to be hassle. Yes I’m crazy bitchy and in a good deal of pain right beforehand, but I will never switch it for the world. Nor for that quarterly birth control medicine. Seriously, how much artificial hormones do you want to pump into yourself?

No comments: